We need some kind of tool (an IDE) that make the Dynamic ESDL development easier. Right now, it involves lots of command line commands.
1. Add a single input parameter to an existing method involve several command:
- make change to the ECM file
- compile the ecm into XML and ECL
- publish the definition
- update the binding (with overwrite flag)
In the IDE, it should be one click, say, Deploy, all the above changes should be done automatically without any user input. Of course, if there is an error in the ECM file, properly error should be displayed somehow, and the deploy should fail.
2. Add a new method to an existing Dynamic ESDL service. This is similar multiple commands task.