Response to customer issue where system:
- hardware failure caused the Sasha server to go down without warning
- Dali server could not connect to Sasha and produced an inordinate amount of log entriesOnce the Sasha server went offline, Dali continuously tried to connect to it, and each time it failed it wrote some log entries. Eventually the log file grew to > 400GB in size and, having used up all the available space on the drive, caused the operating system to fail.
- used up all available space on the system drive causing Dali to go offline
- Dali logical file system got “corrupted”
- Once restored XREF took a number of days for the XREF utility to produce its reports. (due to over 1.3 million files) (perhaps run XREF at regular intervals.
Update documentation to better highlight best practices which could help to avoid such issues.