Uploaded image for project: 'HPCC'
  1. HPCC
  2. HPCC-15898

HASH join gave wrong results in this case

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Not specified
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 6.0.0
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I did a HASH join, the results were vastly different to expected (W20160708-130935), filtered the inputs to the join to just a single record (which looked like it had the wrong result) on each side and re-ran the exact same join (W20160708-132255) getting a different (and now correct looking) result for the pair.

      I then went back to the full files and instead of doing a HASH join explicitly distributed the two inputs and used a LOCAL join instead. This then gave the correct results (W20160708-181510).

      Looking at the graph it would appear the original HASH join was somehow run as a LOCAL join, not sure why.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                calderwoof Mark Calderwood
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: