Priority: Not specified
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 5.0
Component/s: ecl command
Pull Request URL:
It would be helpful for HPCC system automation if the ECL command has
- getwuid can provide WUID(s) from job name,
- getname can provide job name from WUID,
- status: can provide the work unit current status as string,
- abort: terminate the work unit and return with status, sub-commands.
All of them can get WUID or job name as input parameter. ECL run command has a --job name parameter which can use to assign unique name to each work unit.
If multiple work unit matches for query or status command (with job name input parameter) then the result can be a string with multiple elements as CSV (separated by ',' ) like:
- WUID1\nWUID2\n..… (for getwuid)
- WUID1,jobname1,status1\nWUID2,jobname2,staus2\n… (for status)
If multiple work units match for abort command (with job name input parameter) then request all work unit to abort and they status displayed.